Production Assistant Training Program
POV, in partnership with Miziwe Biik, is running its Production Assistant Training Program for Indigenous community members from October 5 to November 18, 2021.
The program is a blended model of online and in-person workshops to provide the requisite technical skills, set etiquette, and on-set production knowledge needed to enter the TV, Film, and commercial industries as a Production Assistant. The Director’s Guild of Canada provides insight and further training opportunities via the DGC Union.
Upon completion of the training, qualified participants will receive placement opportunities to gain experience working on set or in a production office as a PA.
Key Program Training Topics Include:
- Gear and Supplies Orientation
- Production terminology
- Walkie-Talkie training
- Overview of Productions Departments
- Set procedure & etiquette
- Set Safety
- Production Paperwork
- Locations PA training vs. Set PA training vs. Office PA
- Film and TV versus commercials/videos/low budget P.A.