If you are wanting to change career paths, you may qualify for training costs through Better Jobs Ontario (BJO)
Better Jobs Ontario (BJO) can assist you with gaining new skills. Skills that are needed for jobs in demand now-through financial support. You can apply for up to $28,000 for training costs that may include:
- Student fees and supplies
- Electronic devices
- Disability-related support
- Basic living allowance (up to $500 a week)
- Programmers coding at office
You may qualify for Better Jobs Ontario if:
- You have been laid off and have not been working.
- You have been laid off and are working a temporary job to pay bills.
- You have been unemployed for six months or more, and are part of a low-income household.
- If you are currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI), Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), or have received these benefits in the past, you can apply for Better Jobs Ontario.
It is important to note that when preparing your application that you are able to share the following information:
- How long you have been unemployed or working a temporary job
- Proof that the skills and job you want are in demand
- Jobs you worked before, length of employment, and skills worked for each role
- Highest level of education attained
- Companies and positions you have applied to recently
- New skills you want to obtain and where you can get training