Mental Health First Aid Workshop
Once certified in Mental Health First Aid you will gain:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect a person’s wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure, and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, or health care practitioner.
This certificate is great for those working in health care, PSW workers, social workers, and front-line workers.
This is a 2 day course. Participants must attend both dates to earn a certification.
Requirements for entry
Participants need to identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) and must be currently residing within the Greater Toronto Area.
Attendees will need to fill out a new Miziwe Biik Registration form and Ancestry form which can be downloaded on our Forms page.
Mental Health First Aid certificate
Upcoming workshop dates
October 26/27, 2023