Mental Health First Aid Workshop
– May 26-27, 2022
– June 11-12, 2022
Once certified in Mental Health First Aid you will gain:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect a person’s wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure, and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, or health care practitioner.
This certificate is great for those working in health care, PSW workers, social workers, and front-line workers.
This is a 2 day course. Participants must attend both dates to earn a certification.
Requirements for entry
*Please note for MHFA you must complete module #1 prior to the workshop date
Participants need to identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) and must be currently residing within the Greater Toronto Area.
Attendees will need to fill out a new Miziwe Biik registration form and Employment Ontario form which can be downloaded on our Forms page.
Mental Health First Aid certificate