Programs & Bursaries
Training / Employment
• Call for Proposals: Youth Work Exp. — flyer
• Working at Heights — Contact your employment counsellor for information.
• Employment Essentials — Starts Sept. 11: Info Flyer
• Food Handlers — Info flyer
• First Aid/CPR — Info flyer
• Career Workshops — Info Flyer
• For Employers: Staff Training Grants Canada-ON Job Grant — info flyer
• Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Program
• Lee Awards Bursary CLOSED (Flyer)
• Lee Secondary School Awards Slide Show and 2017 Application Now closed
Jobs with Miziwe Biik
External Job Page
• Temporary Clerk, Toronto Police Service
• Administrative Coordinator, Canadian Dance Assembly
• Indigenous Intern, United Way Toronto & York Region
See page for more jobs...
Data Entry Clerk PT
A collection of success stories from some of our programs and clients. Featured in:
Dr. "O" Oronhyatehka Mural (Video)
Miziwe Biik at the Little NHL
Little Native Hockey League
LOOKING FOR WORK
Employment Service can offer you resources, supports and services to respond to career and employment needs of individuals as well as your office or service needs and it can help these individuals on a path to higher skill training and employment.
INTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - No Positions
EXTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - 9 Positions
If you are a potential employer, we invite you to contact our Job Developer and and find out how we can connect and the worker best suited to your needs – as well as financial incentives for your business.
Miziwe Biik receives funding from Human Resources Development Canada through the Aboriginal Labour Force Development Circle to deliver the training programs to the Aboriginal community in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Miziwe Biik offers different funding programs to Aboriginal organizations and businesses, which all aim to assist with employing or training our clients. For more information please contact the office at: (416) 591-2310
For more info link to: Project Page/List
Our 27 week Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program in partnership with George Brown College and The Mill Centre (Dixon Hall Affiliate) prepares Aboriginal people for long-term employment to address the shortage of highly skilled Carpenters in the GTA.
Client Registration Form
Word Form: MBAET Services.
Grant Application Form (2018-2019)
Word Document: MBAET Grant Application.
Call for Proposals Information Package (2018-2019)
PDF Document: MBAET proposal Information.
ALFDC Program Descriptions
PDF Document: ALFDC & MBAET Programs.
Post Secondary/Apprenticeship Bursary Application (2018)
Click here for PDF document
Lee Awards - High School
Award Application (2018)
AWARDS / BURSARIES
Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Online Campus
Obtain prerequisites for employment or other courses, gain new qualifications, or raise your awareness of Aboriginal Culture.
POST SECONDARY BURSARY CLOSED 2018 (PDF Flyer)