Note: Bursary closed – no longer accepting applications
Miziwe Biik’s annual bursary is now open for Indigenous students currently enrolled in a post-secondary university, college, or apprenticeship.
- Aboriginal Ancestry (Status, Non-Status, Inuit, or Métis)
- Enrollement in a 2021-2022 post-secondary institution (University, College, Apprenticeship program).
- Resident of the Greater Toronto Area during the Academic School year.
February 23rd at noon
- Miziwe Biik Client Registration Form
- Employment Ontario Registration Form
- Bursary Application Form
- Proof of Aboriginal Ancestry (Status, Non-Status, Inuit, or Métis)
- Status – Copy of Status Card
- Métis – Copy of Membership Card
- Inuit – Copy of Beneficiary Card
- Non-Status – Letter from your Non-Status First Nation / Copy of your parents or grandparents card along with a copy of your birth certificate
- Non- Status assessment to be completed
- Student ID Card
- Program of Study Outline
- Letter of Introduction/Essay (1 page – see below for details)
- Timetable or proof of enrollment in a post-secondary program, University, College or Trades Institute for next school year
Your letter of introduction should be one page in length and include the following information:
- Tell us about yourself
- Tell us why you are passionate about your field of study
- Tell us about your goals regarding your future career and employment
- Tell us if you participate in a Native Community – where you are originally from or here in Toronto
- Tell us anything else that will show your dedication to your field of study and future endeavours
In order to apply to the bursary program, you must be a current post-secondary student, please submit proof of enrollment from a college or university.
In order to qualify for a bursary as an apprentice, you must be a registered with the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities (MTCU) as an apprentice in the Greater Toronto Area
No longer accepting applications
1) Miziwe Biik Client Registration Form
2) Employment Ontario Form
3) Bursary Application Form
4) Non-status Bursary Assessment (only applicable to non-status applicants)