Job ID 23968
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
About the Team
The Video Content Producer, as a proficient level professional, will develop video content that is creative, meets industry quality standards and internal client expectations. The incumbent reports to the Senior Video Producer and works with the in-house creative team and project managers that provide service and expertise to develop a wide range of products. The position interacts across departments with multiple stakeholders including Marketing, Human Resources, Learning & Development, Professional Services, Event Management, Product Development and Strategy teams.
What you will do
- Provide technical and professional expertise for a variety of projects such as interviews, presentations, corporate events. Manage talent during on-site productions and ensure equipment is prepared, set up, and functions to the required expectation to ensure fluidity of the event
- Perform camera operation, lighting set-up, on-the-ground logistics, and ensure equipment is respected, protected, and returned to its proper location after use
- Complete tasks required to edit, colour grade, and complete final assembly of video projects based on the project brief and adapting the editing stile depending on the project requirements
- Provide technical support and related duties during on location shoots, remote recordings, livestreams and other productions, and accurately estimate the time to complete video edits
- Support production workflows and in logging metadata, cataloguing raw footage, data, and file management, transcoding of proxies, rendering media
- Act as a respected team member and contribute to providing innovative insight and feedback into project improvements
- Proactive and accountable for on-going self-development opportunities to leverage advancements in industry leading best practice, including participation in mentoring programs, attending technical training, conferences etc.
What we are looking for
- Related post-secondary education
- 4 years’ experience as an industry professional from a corporate video or production company including a diverse portfolio of related industry experience and comprehensive knowledge and experience with the video production pipeline
- Professionally skilled using articulate, concise, oral, and written communication in numerous platforms with the ability to present complex information across multiple groups and collaborate with multiple clients to ensure ongoing engagement
- Active listening skills with the ability to provide recommendations and feedback with confidence
- Analytical, critical and design thinking skills with an innovative approach and attention to detail to work through ambiguous, complex problems and provide well-constructed recommendations to achieve results
- Demonstrate initiative to keep work organized, achieve timelines, and keep stakeholders/supervisor informed while working with multiple projects
Role Specific Skills
- Experience with editing a wide range of content including high energy videos, social content, long-format interview-based story telling
- Advanced video editing skills and use of NLE tools, adobe Creative Suite, experience designing Motion Graphics and 2D Animation, motion graphics capabilities and/or experience with After Effects,
- Skilled in visual presentation for graphic design and text layout, comprehension of colour theory and grading, technical knowledge of video codecs and formats
- Conduct the work in a production studio environment. Periods of concentration and standing/sitting/visual that will involve some fatigue. This includes working in a normal production studio environment and periods of working with equipment that weighs up to 55 lbs.
- May be required to conduct the work in a number of locations including outside, with occasional travel for business requirements
- Position may have to work outside of normal work hours, which in most cases is considered to be moderate and normal.
- This position works onsite at the studio at HQ of Kinaxis Inc. in the Ottawa area
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work – We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People – We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact – As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.