Job ID 27945
Toronto Birth Centre
Social Media Trainee
(F/T Contract for up to 29 weeks, 35 hours per week)
Are you passionate about cultivating a vibrant online presence for a community health facility?
Are you looking to make a difference to the health and well-being of the community? The Toronto
Birth Centre is seeking an individual with versatile and current skills who can help us to make the
most of our social media and website.
What can I expect to do in this position?
Administration: General support, Respond to enquiries, Manage social media interactions on multiple
channels (especially Facebook and Instagram), Design and execute email campaigns to our stakeholders.
Social Media Support: Develop content, Manage links, Design posts and reels, Develop and manage a
social media calendar, Develop brand guidelines, Recommend changes to social media strategy as
needed, Monitor and respond to social media activity.
Event and Meeting Management: Assist with TBC event preparation and implementation as required.
How do I qualify?
• Potential candidates must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training or
eligible to register. Must be First Nations, Inuit or Metis and reside within the GTA.
• High school education or equivalent.
• 2-years experience working and/or volunteering in the Indigenous community
• Knowledge and experience with a variety of social media and design platforms including content
creation, audience engagement, and social media integration tools
• Knowledge and experience in health care or not-for-profit/public sector organizations
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) is essential
• Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with updating existing websites (WordPress and other platforms)
and content management.
• Understanding and commitment to the TBC’s Indigenous Framework and model of midwifery
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage multiple
• Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative
• Demonstrates/is willing to demonstrate Indigenous cultural competency in daily interactions
• Demonstrates/is willing to demonstrate skills/knowledge in creating and maintaining a culturally
safe space for Indigenous and all prioritized community families
• Good technical and troubleshooting skills related to office technology and equipment
• Demonstrated professionalism, discretion, and sound judgment
• Working knowledge of WordPress and or willingness to train
• Experience in email marketing programs such as Mailchimp or willingness to train
• In-depth experience with website analytics tools
• Great attention to detail and organization will be crucial to success
• Knowledge of social media branding strategies and campaign creation
• Experience with social media (especially Meta) and email marketing platforms, Canva (or
equivalent design platforms)
• Experience using Microsoft Office, Google Suite and applications, and databases.
• One to two years combined experience working/volunteering with Indigenous organizations
and/or community is an asset.
• Experience/training in the digital world is considered an asset
• Completed courses or training in Social Media/Communications and Marketing is considered an
• Completed courses at intermediate level or higher in the MS Office suite of programs and/or
database software is considered an asset.
• Willingness to participate in training: Indigenous cultural safety, trauma awareness, antioppression, bias and discrimination
A full job description is available upon request. Please apply by email with cover letter and resume by
before 12pm EST September 30, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The posting will remain
open until filled as long as funding is available.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toronto Birth Centre encourages applications from all gender identities and values a diverse
workforce that reflects the communities it serves. We thank all interested applicants; however, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.