Job ID 27946
Christie Ossington Neighbourhood Centre
Job title: Social Enterprise Coordinator – Admin & Programs
35 hours per week for approximately 7 months
The Social Enterprise Coordinator- Admin& Programs, will contribute to the management of space use at George Chuvalo Community Centre (GCNC), setting an inclusive, accessible, and welcoming tone. With training and support, they will respond to phone, email and in person inquiries about centre space use, including rentals and community programming. With training and support, they will provide support to our social enterprise café, LOFT Kitchen, provide centre tours, assist with set-up, tear-down and hosting of centre events and activities. As a full-time staff member, they will occasionally guide the work of contract training staff and volunteers. The position will work 35 hours per week, on-site, Tuesday to Saturday, on daily hours determined by operational needs. This position will receive supervision from the Manager of GCNC.
The position will begin September 2023 and continue for approximately 7 months. The job site will be George Chuvalo Neighbourhood Centre at 50 Sousa Mendes Street in Toronto’s Junction Triangle.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
- Work with a supervisor to identify their existing assets, skills and resources, and interests
- Participate in on-going training
- Contribute to the shaping of theirrole and dutiesto complementtheirpersonality, interests and goals
- Welcome and orient visitors to space use options at the centre
- Assist with tracking visitors to the Centre and associated data entry
- Assist with research for purchasing and programs
- Share information about programming and activities with a range of user groups
- Assistwith set-up,tear-down and hosting of events and activities, including enforcing expectations for space users when necessary
- Respond to phone, email and in person inquiries in a polite, professional manner
- Share and explain policies and proceduresrelated to space use, including rentals and community programming.
- Provide support to the Social Enterprise Café & Catering department, including drink and food prep, cash handling, and opening/closing procedures.
- Pass on information tomanagement and otherstaff members as appropriate, including taking useful notes
- Contribute to cleanliness, tidiness and organization of the centre including outdoor gardens
- Provide centre tours
- Contribute to opening and closing, and security proceduresin the centre, including supervising space users during their bookings
- Assist with centre events, programs and activities
- Work in harmony with staff and volunteers, and sometimes guide the work of new training staff and volunteers
- Work with supports to identify employment goals and plan their next role
- Interest in reception, customer service, community service or public facing employment
- Willingness to learn and grow in a position with progressive responsibilities
- Willingness to debrief, receive constructive feedback and learn from mistakes
- Strong reading and writing skills would be an asset
- Basic computerskills would be an asset
- Personable and friendly with all ages, and a good sense of humour
- Must enjoy interacting with new people of all diversities and be committed to inclusion and accessibility
- Interest in public speaking would be an asset
The successful candidate must obtain a criminal reference check and discuss any findings with the Program Manager for consideration.
How to Apply:
Applicants must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training Program to be eligible for hire.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (including confirmation that you are registered with Miziwe Biik) ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Indigenous persons, 2SLGBTQIA+-identified persons, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.