Job ID 28225
JOB POSTING: SHELTER COORDINATOR
Classification: non-bargaining position
Date Posted: September 18, 2023
Application Deadline: October 2, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
The Shelter Coordinator is under the direction of the Shelter Manager, or designate. The Shelter Coordinator will assist the Shelter Manager in the day-to-day office administration of Anduhyaun Shelter in a manner that is consistent with our mandate:
To support Indigenous women and their children in their efforts to maintain their cultural identity, self-esteem, economic, physical, and spiritual well-being.
- Provide all aspects of administrative responsibilities
- Respond to telephone, email, and verbal inquiries from staff, vendors, etc. in a timely manner
- Schedule staff shifts, maintain timesheets for payroll, and update staff entitlements
- Do regular inventory of groceries and supplies. Source and order items as needed
- Stay up-to-date on client and staff issues, attend staff meetings, read client notes
- Assist with case management, staff or client issues, and report updates to Shelter Manager
- Assist with cultural programming
- Manage petty cash receipts
- Maintain accurate electronic and manual filing of correspondence, invoices, petty cash, timesheets, etc. for efficient recovery and use
- Act as staff lead in the absence of the Shelter Manager
- Other duties as required
- Must provide a current Criminal Record Vulnerable Sector Check (CPIC)
- Must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as per Anduhyaun Vaccination Policy (see website for details)
- Ability to clearly communicate with the Shelter Manager and others
- Excellent time management, organizational, and record keeping skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Adherence to health and safety regulations, Policies, and Procedures, especially regarding Confidentiality of client and business information. Any breach of confidentiality may lead to immediate termination.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture is considered an asset
- Experience in administrative/management role is considered an asset
Hours of Work/Compensation:
- Regular shift Monday to Friday 8 hours
- Alternating on-call, shared with the Shelter Manager
- Travel may be required from time to time
- Some evening and/or weekend work may be required from time to time
- Pay range $23.00 to $25.00 per hour
Due to the nature of the organization’s culturally based social services, Anduhyaun encourages applications from Indigenous women (Section24 (1) (a), Special Employment, Ontario Human Rights Code).
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00am on October 2, 2023
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.