Job ID 22250
Operations Assistant Trainee supports the Manager, People Operations in managing and resolving internal operational issues. This position collaborates with third party providers and provides support to the organization’s technology environment by following up on operational issues and needs. The ideal candidate has a wide range of applicable skills, from strong computer proficiency with office productivity suites to attention to detail with data entry tasks.
- Order or coordinate cell phones, phone numbers, desk phones and laptops, when applicable.
- Order Court IDs and business cards, when applicable.
- Coordinate the delivery of work materials to satellite staff.
- Order cards or promotional materials.
- Contact representatives from various Information Technology companies, who assist with repair and maintenance of the organization’s functionality (phone lines, internet lines, computer systems, etc.)
- Create emails for new employees, and then adding that email to the address books.
- Maintain various data listings, including but not limited to (cell phone passwords, inventory management, etc.)
- Assist with completing set-up of technological equipment,
- Communicate professionally with third parties such as landlords, security guards, service providers, repair people
- Obtaining Quotations (Services, Trades, Equipment, Supplies, PPE, Etc)
- Responsible for coordinating all IT set up and support needs including but not limited to computers, phones, internet, video-conferencing technology, printers and copiers, all hardware and software.
- Assist with resolving issues with the physical office space at 211 Yonge St. (maintenance problems, issues with neighbours etc.) and all ALS satellite offices.
- Assist in Maintaining office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and equipment maintenance and procurement
- Investigate a variety of operational issues as required
- Supporting and completing other duties as directed by Manager, People Operations or in collaboration with management within the organization
- Act as a back-up receptionist when required (Please refer to receptionist profile to see full responsibilities),
- Other duties as requested
- Knowledge of Aboriginal community and issues
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact and communicate with diverse community members and employees.
- Tech-savvy – comfortable learning, navigating, and troubleshooting new technology.
- Experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, Email) is an asset.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be registered with Miziwe Biik and working with an Employment Counsellor