Job ID 32246
Position Title: Manager, Human Resources Administration
Reports to: Director of Finance, Administration, and Facilities
Salary: $71,500 per annum and comprehensive benefits package
Closing Date: Monday, March 4th, 2024
The Manager of Human Resources Administration, is responsible for the administration of the Human Resources functions at Gerstein Crisis Centre.
Successful Applicant will have:
- 3-5 years of experience in administrative/human resources position in a non-profit organization.
- University or college degree an asset-commitment to ongoing learning
- excellent proficiency with Microsoft365 suite, specifically Excel;
- experience with ADP Workforce Now an asset
- knowledge of applicable legislation, including Ontario Employment Standards Act (ESA) and the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA);
- excellent organization and time-management skills;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- a demonstrated commitment to working through an Anti-Racist, Anti-Oppression, Trauma informed lens
- a broad understanding of all of the factors that impact an individual’s mental health and well- being including the social determinants of health, trauma, poverty and homelessness;
- a demonstrated capability to be flexible and to work under pressure;
- a demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team;
- ability to seek and use available resources and apply learning to decision making.
- a demonstrated capability for leadership within a respectful and supportive team environment;
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support semi-monthly payroll with payroll service including year-end processes.
- Prepare general letters of employment as required
- Participate in administration of employee benefits program
- Design and prepare job descriptions consistent with organizational structure
- Support hiring and recruitment functions
- Support onboarding and training
- Support the maintenance of accurate and current employee records including training, certifications and personnel information
- Support workplace environment/atmosphere of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Work with Team Managers to manage scheduling and maintain up to date records of staff time
- Work with Director of Finance, Administration, and Facilities and other members of the management team in human resource policy, staff wellness and training.
- Participate in team and committee meetings, internal and external trainings, as required;
- regular work schedule of five consecutive days, Monday through Friday;
- work at a designated office location
- travel between program site locations from time to time, as required
- may include occasional remote work
- We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who represent the cultural diversity of Toronto, including Black and Indigenous, LGBTQI2S+ individuals and those with lived experience of the mental health system.
- All GCC employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gerstein Crisis Centre is committed to equity in employment and to upholding the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA) in all its practices and policies. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process. If you are a person who requires accommodation under the OHRC or AODA during the hiring process, please request in writing to email@example.com.