Job ID 32244
Position Title: Manager, Finance and Accounts Administration
Reports to: Director of Finance, Administration, and Facilities
Salary: $71,500 per annum and comprehensive benefits package
Closing Date: Monday, March 4th, 2024
The Manager of Finance and Accounts Administration, is responsible for the day-to-day financial and accounts administration of Gerstein Crisis Centre.
Successful Applicant will have:
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial position in a non-profit organization;
- University or college degree, financial training an asset
- excellent proficiency with Microsoft365 suite, specifically Excel;
- familiarity with GAAP as they apply to accounting in non-profit organizations;
- knowledge of applicable legislation,
- excellent organization and time-management skills;
- excellent attention to detail
- ability to prioritize and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- a broad understanding of all of the factors that impact an individual’s mental health and well- being including the social determinants of health, trauma, poverty and homelessness;
- a demonstrated commitment to working through an Anti-Racist, Anti-Oppression, Trauma informed lens;
- a demonstrated capability to be flexible and to work under pressure;
- a demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team;
- ability to seek and use available resources and apply learning to decision making.
- a demonstrated capability for leadership within a respectful and supportive team environment;
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in established financial processes including but not limited to Accounts Payable/Receivable, procurement and expenditure allocation
- Assist in preparation of financial reports, as required, for BOD and funders
- Participate in budget preparation process
- Work with Director of Finance, Administration, and Facilities and other members of the management team in maintaining balanced program budgets
- Provides financial information and support to senior leadership for financial decisions
- General banking duties as required: bank deposits, reconcile petty cash etc.
- Work with Director of Finance, Administration, and Facilities, bookkeeper, and auditors in the completion and distribution of Audited Financial Statements
- Participate in team and committee meetings, internal and external trainings, as required;
- Support workplace environment/atmosphere of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- regular work schedule of five consecutive days, Monday through Friday;
- work at a designated office location
- travel between program site locations from time to time, as required
- may include occasional remote work
- We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who represent the cultural diversity of Toronto, including Black and Indigenous, LGBTQI2S+ individuals and those with lived experience of the mental health system.
- All GCC employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19
Please send jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gerstein Crisis Centre is committed to equity in employment and to upholding the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA) in all its practices and policies. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process. If you are a person who requires accommodation under the OHRC or AODA during the hiring process, please request in writing to email@example.com.