Job ID 23381
POSITION: Maintenance Trainee
SHIFT: M-F, 8am-4pm
Na-Me-Res (Native Men’s Residence) located in Toronto, is a diverse, multi-service organization. Through a culture-based approach that addresses the holistic needs of its clients, Na-Me-Res’ mission is to provide temporary, transitional and permanent housing to Indigenous men experiencing homelessness in Toronto, while providing outreach and support services to the broader Indigenous homeless population.
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for building maintenance, safety, and cleanliness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans facilities;
- Ensures all facilities are safe and fully operational;
- Identifies any concerns to the appropriate authority;
- Monitors and supervises facilities in respect to their adherence to Na-Me-Res/City of Toronto rules and regulations;
- Performs routine on-going maintenance;
- Makes small repairs;
- Maintains and reviews various logs (maintenance, fire safety, etc.);
- Identifies and schedules maintenance as needed (plumbing, electrical, fire, safety, etc.);
- Monitors residents that perform chores; and
- Any other duties that may be required or identified by Management
- Minimum secondary school education;
- The successful candidate to provide a Police reference check as a condition of employment;
- Good written, oral and communication skills;
- Has own tools would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Native traditions and culture is an asset
- Applicants must be registered with Miziwe Biik
- Must be registered and working with an employment counsellor at Miziwe Biik
- Position is subject to government funding
Na-Me-Res encourages Indigenous applications (First Nation, Métis and Inuit). We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted / No phone calls please.
CLOSING DATE: March 17, 2023, at 12pm.
A resume, cover letter, and references can be sent to:
26 Vaughan Road, Toronto, ON M6G 2C4
Fax #: (416) 652-3138 / Email: Jobs@nameres.org