Job ID 24025
The Maintenance Assistant’s essential duty is to move Bison’s equipment to outside vendors when necessary. This task needs to be done in a safe, courteous, and timely manner. The maintenance assistant reports directly to the Shop Supervisor and Maintenance Coordinator on duty. The maintenance assistant needs to posses a commitment to teamwork and has excellent communication skills, a professional attitude and a firm understanding of what constitutes good service to our vendors, and co-workers.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Movement of equipment: Will be responsible for the movement of equipment to and from outside vendors as necessary. Trucks or trailers.
- Assist Technicians with repairs when requested.
- Assist putting trucks on the startup cycle when the weather is below –19’C and be able to learn about APU heater systems
- Will be responsible for bringing trucks and trailers into the shop or wash bay when time permits.
- Manage battery charging station and store batteries in a organized fashion.
- Perform daily pre-trip inspections on company equipment (pick up, car, forklift and loader)
- General shop clean-up
- Assistance in the parts department as required
- Timely mailing of interoffice parts
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- A valid Class 1 or 3 driver’s license is an asset
- Must have a pleasant manner to work with vendors, customers, and all co-workers.
- No impaired driving convictions in the last 5 years
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to keep excellent records of daily work logs
- Able to work with little supervision
- Thrive in a supportive team that provides coaching and training to help develop your skills and progress your career
- Dispersed work environments that promote a healthy work-life balance
- Meaningful and impactful work and projects with an essential service provider
- Join our engaging Wellness Program & extracurricular sports teams
- Celebrating over 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace.