Job ID 22213
Misiway Milopemahtesewin Community Health Centre (Misiway), located in Timmins, Ontario, provides quality programs and services that honour, respect, and support Indigenous culture, values and healing practices, complimented by western approaches to primary health care.
Bring your proven supervisory experience to a challenging and rewarding role at Misiway. As our Land-based Program Manager you will manage the day-to-day operations of our land-based programming including direct supervision of staff. This role includes preparing, implementing and evaluating team performance indicators, managing program budgets, conducting annual performance reviews, supporting professional development needs of the team and reporting program service results on a monthly basis to the Executive Director and Misiway’s Board of Directors. Maintaining strong relationships with community partners throughout our catchment area is an essential part of this role.
***This is not a remote role
As a successful candidate your qualifications will include:
- Minimum 2 years experience in leadership/management within a health care setting
- Baccalaureate degree in health or social service field or relevant work experience managing programs and team members within an organization
- Grounded knowledge in Traditional Healing Practices
- Experience working with Indigenous populations and providing Indigenous Traditional health approaches in practice is required
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies for Indigenous populations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proficiency in the use of computer and various software applications
- Class G drivers license, and use of a vehicle is required
- Ability to speak Cree or Ojibway is considered an asset
Indigenous Candidates are encouraged to apply.
A current and clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check and proof of vaccination (minimum 2 doses) against COVID 19 is required. Costs for the vulnerable sector police check are at the expense of the applicant.
APPLY NOW – Please submit your Resume along with a Cover Letter using the provided electronic form to the attention of Erica Ross, Human Resources Consultant by Friday, February 3, 2023. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.