Job ID 23941
Coordinator, Recruitment and Onboarding
Are you someone who is passionate about the work that you do? Do you want your next adventure to be part of a great cause? If so, look no further than MS Canada! Our team is expanding, and we are looking for a Coordinator, Recruitment and Onboarding located in the GTA working on a 12-month contract basis from April 3rd, 2023 to April 5, 2024, for 35 hours a week.
Potential candidates must be First Nations, Inuit or Metis and reside within the GTA. Must be registered or eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.
Who we are
We have a bold vision of a world free of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Our mission is to connect and empower the MS community to create positive change and you can be part of that!
Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world, with an estimated 90,000 Canadians living with the disease.
We are part of a determined group of change agents who are working tirelessly to create a world free of MS. Some 1500 Canadians affected by MS serve as leadership volunteers on division and chapter councils and committees and an estimated 13,500 volunteers work tirelessly delivering programs, fundraising events, public awareness campaigns and social action activities.
Through discoveries, innovation, and collective action, we will work together to alleviate the uncertainty that MS causes, help provide accessible options for disease management, and reach out to partners to eliminate physical and social barriers in our communities.
Our strategy not only lays out the roadmap in our journey to create a world free of MS, but we hope it also provides inspiration for all in the MS community to connect and collaborate in order to advance treatment and care, enhance well-being, understand and halt disease progression, and prevent MS from happening. Discover. Innovate. Act.
What we offer
At MS Canada, we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, short-term disability, an employee and family assistance program (EFAP) and travel insurance, to name a few. In addition, we invest in professional development opportunities to support the growth of our team members. Not only do we have an extended, paid office closure at the end of the year, but we also have half day Friday’s before long weekends! On top of that, we offer flexible working arrangements and opportunities to work remotely (#LI-REMOTE) as well! Who wouldn’t want all of that?
The role you will play
- Provide support in creating a robust recruitment strategy aimed at diversifying and expanding our recruitment outreach to support and engage Indigenous people and communities
- Identify and develop relationships with partner organizations
- Identify barriers in our recruitment and onboarding process and give recommendations to ensure our material is inclusive
- Provide educational resources and offerings to share with team members throughout the organization
- Research, develop and recommend tools in support of improved practices
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to support connected activities
What you will bring
Are you someone who (is/has/can):
- Relevant training or experience with recruitment and/or exposure to Human Resources initiatives/activities preferred?
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written?
- Able to build positive relationships internally and externally?
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others in a virtual setting.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)?
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail?
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability?
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data and information?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your application that includes your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com by March 26, 2023. Applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
All positions at MS Canada will require a criminal background check. This position is also a position of trust. The incumbent will be required to complete the screening process including completion of a credit and or education verification check in compliance with the National Screening Measures Policy.
MS Canada is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce where people from all backgrounds can thrive.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the MS community, MS Canada is requiring employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain an approved exemption. Upon hire, we would need proof of vaccination or an approved exemption.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees, volunteers and those interested in joining our team are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of MS Canada. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you need accommodation.
To learn more about MS Canada and the great work that we do, we encourage you to visit www.mssociety.ca.