Job ID 26079
- Job ID: 37962
- Job Category: Information & Technology
- Division & Section: Toronto Building, Tor Bldg Business Operations
- Work Location: City Hall, 100 Queen Street West
- Job Type & Duration: Full-Time, Temporary (12 month) Vacancy
- Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $42.72 – $46.81, TF0188, Wage Grade 13
- Shift Information: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Affiliation: L79 Full-time
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 26-May-2023 to 9-June-2023
Reporting to the Business Transformation and Change Management Manager the incumbent will support to staff and management teams in operational support, business process and technology improvements. You will also provide support to Toronto Building business transformation initiatives and the modernization of services delivered to clients. As an Application & Tech Supp Spec 2 you are a valuable contributor to Toronto Building’s continuous improvement and modernization.
- Schedules workload and set priorities based on breakdown of tasks, estimation of effort and identification of dependencies
- Provides expertise in assessment, analysis, evaluation of alternatives and resolution of issues & problems in assigned areas.
- Liaises and co-ordinates with internal & external groups on resolution of problems.
- Recommends preventative solutions to mitigate recurrence of similar problems.
- Develops and recommends improvements to current environment, policies & processes.
- Acquires and disposes of hardware and software.
- Monitors and maintains access and security of data and infrastructure.
- Configuration of software.
- Advises desktop configuration management teams on hardware & software technologies and deployment alternatives.
- Advises network management teams on hardware & software technologies, connectivity and backup & recovery alternatives.
- Performs capacity planning.
- Prepares training material for coaching clients.
- Provides training to clients in use of technology.
- Prepares statistics and drafts summary reports.
- Prepares documentation to facilitate transfer of knowledge.
- Supports the centralized management of access control.
- Supports implementation of applications, hardware and/or software and takes inventory of such assets.
- Travels to off-site locations.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- A post-secondary degree, diploma in a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience providing customer service support to the general public and all levels of staff
- Experience in assessing, analysing, and resolving user and business system issues.
- Experience in business process improvements, and the identification and documentation of business and technical requirements.
- Experience in scheduling training, developing training materials and delivering training.
You must also have:
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set priorities and coordinate a diverse workload within timelines.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain good relations in a team environment and deal effectively with all levels of staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels within organizations, including oral/written and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the concepts of continuous improvement and change management practices.
- Ability to document business processes using Business Process Mapping Notation, business process flow and business requirements using applications such as MS Visio and MS Word.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Proficient in teamwork, innovative, initiative, adaptability, and analytical competencies.
- Ability to work well autonomously or within a group or team environment.
- Ability to establish effective and strong working relationships.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with customers, general public and all levels of staff by telephone, in person, and in writing.
- Ability to perform detailed computations and calculations.
- Ability to learn basic SQL (Simple Query Language) for data retrieval, simple statistics, and auditing of records.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City’s Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.