Website The Neighbourhood Group (TNG)
Plan, implement and evaluate an age-appropriate program to enhance the children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development in accordance with the Child Care and Early Years Act and Toronto Children’s Services AQI Criteria. This position reports to Manager, Canoe Landing Childcare Centre and is part of CUPE Local 2289.
- As a viable member of a team, share in the responsibility of planning and implementing programs that are engaging, stimulating and appropriate for the age group by following the Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) framework and be based on the interests of the children. Program has to meet the physical, cognitive, intellectual and emotional needs of the children.
- Daily maintain and organize classroom to create a clean and welcoming learning environment that fosters learning and cooperation and ensuring that all actions and activities meet the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) regulations and the Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI)
- Responsible for the orderly arrangement, appearance and learning environment of the classroom including checking that activity areas, toys, tools and equipment are safe and clean as per Public Health, CCEYA & Children’s Services AQI guidelines and protocols.
- Responsible for the safety and general wellbeing of the children at all times by conducting daily health checks, recording illnesses and contacting parents, maintaining up-to date emergency cards, and administering medication as directed by physicians and accurately maintaining relevant records.
- Administer first aid as required; document accidents by filling out Serious Occurrence report
- Responsible for planning, organizing and leading activities for children in all age groups by observing and assessing children’s progress and behaviour and developing weekly program planning reports
- Discuss children’s progress, behaviour and health with parents/designated individuals, answer questions regarding children, the group and the centre while maintaining confidentiality.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:.
- ECE Diploma and Registered member of College of Early Childhood Educators
- Two years working in licenced child care environment
- Fundamental knowledge of the Toronto Public Health, Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement (AQI), Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) framework and How Does Learning Happen document
- Demonstrated ability to direct, instruct and care for children
- Ability to maintain neat and accurate records and to prepare reports
- Ability to handle emergencies, crisis and hostile behaviour
- Self-directed, with proven commitment to contribute to the team’s work
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ensure immunizations are up to date as per Public Health
- Holder of a valid Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com