Ontario Science Center
What can I expect to do in this role?
This position will report into the Security department is responsible for oversight of all aspects of Health and Safety, Customer Service, Security and Safety of staff, stakeholders and other guests of the Ontario Science Centre.
This position would be supporting daily operations including but not limited to providing customer service, First Aid and Emergency Response, Incident Reporting and supporting operations and program delivery on behalf of other departments of the Centre.
More specifically, this internship will play a key role in working with our vendor of record to develop a Business Continuity Plan. This internship will also work closely with the Facility Operations and Services department to aid with facilities safety initiatives.
How do I qualify?
- You must have graduated from a college or university, with a degree, diploma or post-graduate certificate, within the past 5 years.
- You must be an Indigenous person (i.e. First Nations, Métis, Inuit).
Analytical and research skills:
- You can provide research support to projects and branch initiatives, as well as identify trends to support the development of evidence-based findings and recommendations
- You can gather and analyze information to support the development of recommendations and resolutions to issues
- You can interpret and apply legislation, policies, processes and procedures
- You can assess the impact of new, revised or proposed processes to improve program delivery and/or services
- You can prepare and present various documents, including presentations, documents, reports and summaries
- You can clearly and concisely communicate information through an understanding of the relevant audience
Interpersonal and teamwork skills:
- You can establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- You can participate in and contribute to working groups
Project management, planning and organizational skills:
- You are able to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines
- You can identify contentious issues and recommend solutions
- You can recognize complex issues needing to be referred to senior staff
- You are proficient in common software applications such as word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications to draft documents and reports, prepare presentations and conduct analysis
To apply go to:
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.