Ontario Science Center
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Support organizational framework initiatives (i.e. taking a lead on our Indigenous Framework Working Group and putting in place recommendations for the organization to improve Indigenous Relations and Programming)
- Support our design team with an Indigenous lens and play a key liaison role with our Indigenous Artist-in-Residence, Jason Baerg, as the Ontario Science Centre representative on his advisory committee
How do I qualify?
- You must have graduated from a college or university, with a degree, diploma or post-graduate certificate, within the past 5 years.
- You must be an Indigenous person (i.e. First Nations, Métis, Inuit).
The position requires knowledge of:
- Ontario’s Indigenous peoples, culture, governance, community perspectives and political dynamics, to work effectively with a team focused on Indigenous issues and long-term drinking water advisories
- Project management theories and methodologies, to assist in the planning and implementation of project activities, including reviewing and monitoring project progress, deliverable, timelines and budgets
- Research techniques to conduct research and environmental scans, analyze and compile information/data for the development of standards, processes, new tools/systems; etc.
- Performance measurement methodologies and evaluation techniques
Project Management and Organizational Skills:
- Project management and organizational skills, to develop workflow strategies and coordinate day-to-day activities while dealing with competing priorities and tight timeframes, and ability to monitor and report progress, and resolve issues
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Communication and interpersonal skills to provide and exchange information, prepare and present material, participate in meetings, and communicate with colleagues and stakeholders in a clear, concise, accurate and respectful manner
- Teamwork skills and flexibility to work cooperatively and collaboratively within a team or workgroup, including contributing fully and actively to team activities, projects and client initiatives, to achieve group and organizational goals
Research and Computer skills:
- Research skills to gather assess complex and diverse issues with attention to detail.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, including Teams applications) to prepare presentations, project plans, reports, etc., and to use the internet and intranet for research and analytical work Geographic information systems (GIS) to help with mapping, is an asset
To apply go to:
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.