Ontario Science Center
What can I expect to do in this role?
The science department looks at future ways of incorporating topics and approaches into the Ontario Science Centre.
This intern will work to incorporate indigenous content and approach a framework for the organization. Working with team members and the manager, this internship will give an opportunity to look at exhibit halls and programs and provide feedback and recommendations for how to incorporate more relevant content and approaches for Indigenous engagement. This position will also develop an inclusivity framework for our organization.
This internship will assist the Strategic Initiatives branch in engaging diverse viewpoints and improving our relevancy for various local communities.
How do I qualify?
- You must have graduated from a college or university, with a degree, diploma or post-graduate certificate, within the past 5 years.
- You must be an Indigenous person (i.e. First Nations, Métis, Inuit).
Knowledge of communications practices:
- You have an understanding of communications methods, techniques and multi-media approaches including integrated marketing principles and concepts, to communicate and support organizational goals.
- You understand strategic and digital communications, including social media platforms, and an understanding of how different digital channels are used to communicate with target audiences.
- You have the ability to apply research techniques to identify communication opportunities, and to source, research and assess data and recommend tools, options and approaches.
- You are knowledgeable about digital media applications and graphic design methods to produce communications materials.
- You can apply writing techniques and styles to write and edit materials that reflect intended tone, style and messaging.
Research and analytical skills:
- You understand research practices to source communications information, identify trends, assess opportunities and draft/present findings.
- You have analytical, reasoning and evaluation skills to assess communication requirements; identify information sources; determine what information to include/exclude in communications materials.
- You can prepare and present various documents (i.e., presentations, reports, summaries).
- You have the ability to write and edit materials that reflect intended tone, style and messaging.
Interpersonal and teamwork skills:
- You can establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- You can participate and contribute to working groups.
Planning and organizational skills:
- You can plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines.
- You are proficient using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to draft documents, reports and prepare presentations.
- You are proficient in digital media applications and graphic design methods to produce communications materials.
To apply go to:
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.