Website Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation
As a member of the OFNTSC team, the GIS Technician is responsible for providing The mandate of the Ontario First Nations Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC) is to provide technical and enhanced advisory services to all First Nations in Ontario. The OFNTSC requires the services of a Government & Corporate Relations Analyst to assist Executive Director. The position will work independently from the Brantford office. The Government & Corporate Relations Analyst acts as a government and corporate relations analyst to the Executive Director. The incumbent develops government and corporate relations strategies that influence and position OFNSTC as a leader in delivering technical services to Ontario First Nations and is also responsible for relationship building on a local, regional, and federal level. The incumbent provides broad and strategic direction in the areas of government and corporate relations providing briefs and advice to the Executive Director on current, future, and potential issues related to OFNTSC operations. The incumbent further acts as a champion in promoting the OFNTSC and ensuring its mandated objectives, priorities, and duties are clearly understood. The role strives to continuously improve the reputation of OFNTSC among key stakeholders to garner positive publicity and good public relations in achieving OFNTSC goals and objectives. The incumbent develops and evaluates government and corporate communications approaches to strategic projects and initiatives.
- Provides analytical briefings and advice to the Executive Director. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets government policies, procedures, and requirements, and advises on implications and opportunities for OFNTSC.
- Monitor’s news media and government sources for potential changes in regulatory and legislative areas to ensure OFNTSC reacts effectively and advises its members of the resulting impact on their operations.
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships with Indigenous, federal, provincial, territorial, and municipal governments and other public-sector institutions.
- Leads OFNTSC government affairs activities by establishing positive relationships with elected officials and civil servants for the purpose of advancing and resourcing OFNTSC in the pursuit of strategic goals.
- Develops and implements strategies to profile OFNTSC and to secure funding and potentially enable the development of legislation to support OFNTSC’s mandate.
- Attends government meetings that relate to OFNTSC operations and tracks legislation that is relevant to the organizational mandate and objectives.
- 5 + years’ experience in a government relations or analysis role.
- 5+ years’ Experience working for a First Nations organization.
- Team leadership and direct report experience in a mid-sized organization.
- Experience with project management and managing public and corporate relations.
- Experience in community engagement.
- Track record of delivering results on tight budgets and timelines.
- Graduate Degree in Public Administration, or Business Administration
- Understanding of working with the Indigenous community is preferred
- Understanding of an Indigenous language is preferred
Come join our growing organization!
• • • • •
Abi wiijii’en ndo
• • • • •
Taskwatia’táhrhahs ne onkwentióhkwa
In efforts to promote the safety, security, and wellbeing of staff members, communities, and people we come into contact with, the OFNTSC Human Resources department will be giving preference to applicants who have proof of two full doses of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Please mark clearly the upload as “GOVERNMENT & amp; CORPORATE RELATIONS ANALYST” and upload your cover letter and resume with the attachment labeled as [LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_Government&Corporate_relations_analyst]
We thank all applicants, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.