Nishnawbe Homes Inc
Nishnawbe Homes Inc. is a growing Non Profit corporation that provides affordable housing in downtown Toronto. We are committed to assisting the Aboriginal community with housing needs. Nishnawbe Homes Inc.(NHI) is seeking a Maintenance Manager to lead the Maintenance team to maintain the 21 properties in NHI portfolio. This is a full-time permanent position. Remuneration dependent on experience and skill set.
- To ensure safety of the interiors, exteriors and grounds of the NHI properties;.
- Lead for the turnover of units at all of NHI properties and a support for the buildings with superintendents.
- Manage task scheduling and supports needed for all of the NHI maintenance team.
- Oversee the maintenance supplies purchasing with the Building Manager
- Support of annual services and maintenance procedures for the NHI portfolio
- Utilize company vehicle for deliveries and/or services people when they are scheduled
- Must be accessible for management or tenants as needed, respond within a timely fashion and with a professional manner.
- Keep a detailed log of daily activities to be submitted to the NHI office on a weekly basis.
- Be a contributing member of the NHI management team.
- Follow NHI’s COVID Plan and Vaccine protocols for all staff and tenants;
- Be courteous, polite and helpful to all staff, tenants, contractors and visitors;
- Other duties as requested
- Must have a G licence, insured and in good standing. A Drivers Abstract will be needed;
- Must be able to lift 50lbs;
- Must be punctual, reliable and respectful;
- Must adhere to keeping absolute confidentiality;
- Having worked within a union environment will be considered an asset
To apply please provide the following information:
- Your current resume and if desired, a cover letter
- Three references with contact information
- Proof of Vaccination. NHI employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
- NHI will give priority to applicants who identify as First Nations, Inuit, Metis, and those with close affiliations
Fax your documents to:
ATTENTION: Nishnawbe Homes
244 Church Street
Toronto, ON M5B 1Z3
FAX: 416 975 0089
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Maintenance Manager” in the subject line
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com