Website Native Canadian Center of Toronto
Non-Profit, Charitable Organization.
SENIORS DEPARTMENT, OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto is dedicated to helping all of our relations on their journey
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto (NCCT) is a non-profit, charitable organization located in the heart of downtown Toronto. The NCCT offers a wide range of Indigenous programs and services based on Indigenous cultural traditions and teachings.
I Job Title: Office Administrative Assistant
II Employment Term, Salary & Work Hours: Full Time 40hrs per week Mon-Fri
III Department: Seniors Department
IV Direct Report: Seniors Program Manager
V Position Summary: The Office Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support within the Seniors Department to ensure that office procedures are carried out in an effective and efficient manner.
To perform this job successfully you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
VI Duties and Responsibilities: The Office Administrative Assistant reports to and takes direction from the Program Manager, Duties include:
- Ensure that all required forms necessary for the Seniors Department staff are maintained in an orderly fashion
- Receive, direct and relay telephone and fax messages
- Direct the general public to the appropriate staff member
- Record and issue taxi tickets and Senior TTC tickets for clients
- Provide administrative support to the Program Manager
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Accurately record information (including medical information and terminology) from referrals to Seniors Department
- Provide information about department and procedures for access
- Receive and document accordingly into transportation log all requests for transportation from clients
- Commitment to learn and use an Indigenous language reflective of NCCT community
- Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- College Diploma in Office Administrative Assistant studies or work experience as an Office Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology are highly desired
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous history, culture and traditional values
- Proven ability and desire to work with Seniors
- Effective verbal and listening, communication (oral and written) skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, IAR and RM&R
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
The successful candidate is expected to contribute positively to the implementation of the NCCT’s vision and mission, operate in a collaborative team setting and maintain high and professional productivity levels and quality of service.
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Although preference will be given to Indigenous applicants (First Nations, Metis and Inuit), all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this position interests you, please submit your resume and a cover letter to:
Human Resources Specialist
Deadline to apply: Friday October 7, 2022
NCCT – Seniors Department – Office Administrative Assistant
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative at firstname.lastname@example.org of the accommodation measures required. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.