Green Thumbs TO
GARDEN EDUCATOR – Indigenous Program Leader
Green Thumbs Growing Kids is a community-based non-profit organization bringing gardening into elementary schools, for children to learn about the environment and food through hands-on activities. We partner with a cluster of schools in the downtown East neighbourhoods of Regent Park, Cabbagetown and St. James Town.
- You’ll bring gardening knowledge and experience with children into our school garden programs, which are usually connected to the curriculum. You’ll help teach children about the land.
- You’ll help children learn nouns in Anishnaabemowin or Kanien’keha language, to name the trees and other plants in the garden
- You’ll ideally have some experience in one or more of the following: landscaping, tree care, gardening, teaching, greenhouse maintenance
- You like children and can relate to a wide range of people
- You’ll work 35 hours/week, pay rate $20/hr.
- Job starts ASAP, open till filled
- Send resume and cover letter in one document to: email@example.com
You must be registered with Miziwe Biik: http://miziwebiik.com/services/forms/ (click on Client Registration to qualify).
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org