We’re a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the globe through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
About the role:
The Content Studio sits within Group Customer & Marketing team and is responsible for managing HSBC’s public websites (PWS) for Wealth & Personal Banking (WPB) globally.
The SEO Lead Americas is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing WPB’s SEO strategy across the Americas. The role holder will be responsible for improving organic search activities across content, technical and backlink acquisition.
Reporting directly to the Global Content Transformation Lead, this role will work alongside key stakeholders including Regional Head of Content Studio, Head of SEO Strategy, regional & local Marketing and product teams to ensure that our PWS structure and content is optimised to drive organic performance, provide relevant content to our customers and aligned with our paid search strategy.
The role holder should be an experienced and passionate advocate for SEO and traffic acquisition, with the technical expertise to identify and deliver SEO improvements. The role holder should also be skilled at building relationships across geographies and cultures, driving consistent ways of operating and best practice and able to articulate the benefits of SEO activity to non-technical stakeholders.
- Plan, implement, and manage WPB’s SEO strategy across the Americas
- Drive consistent ways of operating and share best practice across regional teams
- Advocate technical SEO best-practices to ensure consistent natural search performance
- Deliver SEO training to content teams & wider stakeholders.
- Contribute to Global SEO knowledge base and forums
- Local market stakeholders – PWS Lead, Customer and Marketing
- Regional stakeholders – Cross-functional teams in Content Studio, Digital Acquisition, Marketing and Data & Analytics
- Global stakeholders – Group Customer & Marketing, Global Content and Global PWS
- Other stakeholders – Risk, Legal, Regulatory Compliance, IT and Dynamic Platform
- Build collaborative relationships with relevant teams at a local, regional and global level
- Work effectively as part of a cross-functional team within PWS & Content
- Proactively share best practice and knowledge around content management with relevant teams, providing insight and recommendations as appropriate
- Oversee Quality Control in output
- Identification of key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing appropriate mitigation strategies or escalating as appropriate.
- Responsible for overall delivery & reporting
- Proven SEO experience across content, technical and backlink acquisition and demonstrable understanding of other traffic acquisition channels
- Proactive delivery record identifying & implementing opportunities to improve organic search performance
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to communicate technical issues, resolve differences and influence senior stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset with advanced analysis skills in both business analytics platforms and SEO specific tooling
- Demonstrable history of working in international SEO environments – working with stakeholders across the globe and making localised SEO recommendations including translations
- Experience in other financial institutions welcomed
- Previous experience leading a team of SEO specialists
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders across different geographies, product areas or websites
To apply for this job please visit mycareer.hsbc.com.