Opening up a world of opportunity.
HSBC is a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the world through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our outstanding expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
About the role
Branch Location: 16 York Street, Toronto
As a Personal Banker you are a Brand Ambassador for HSBC Bank Canada, delivering an outstanding customer experience by identifying and fulfilling all customer needs at first point of contact.
You will work within a customer facing capacity in branch, generating revenue growth by meeting and exceeding customer needs, and maximising opportunities across all customer segments.
We’re looking for people with personality, drive and ambition to join our teams.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of HSBC products and services; articulating these to your customer in an engaging and confident manner.
- Effectively question and listen to your customers, enabling you to fully understand both new & existing customer’s financial circumstances and needs
- Proactively drive referrals to Branch Specialist, Premier and Wealth colleagues, to ensure that the customer is provided with the best possible advice
- Help customers to understand how they can flexibly use HSBC services through Internet Banking, phone Banking & self-service points, to meet their varying needs
- Be proactive in building & creating a customer base through the use of Customer Contact Lists, referrals & walk-ins
- A passion for continuously delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Consistently deliver a personalised, friendly & efficient service at all times
- Effective communication skills, which will enable you to build strong professional rapport
- Ability to demonstrate your understanding of a customer’s requirements through effective fact finding
- Ability to safeguard the bank by holding difficult conversations with your customers on subjects like Anti-Money Laundering, sanctions, complaint handling, and estate planning
- Available to work 30 hours per week, supporting branch hours Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm
To apply for this job please visit mycareer.hsbc.com.