Website Hot Docs
Hot Docs is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing and celebrating the art of documentary and to creating production opportunities for documentary filmmakers.
Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival, North America’s largest documentary festival, conference and market, will present its 30th annual edition in April 2023.
Year round, Hot Docs supports the Canadian and international industry with professional development programs and a multi-million-dollar production fund portfolio, and fosters education through documentaries with its popular free program Docs For Schools.
Hot Docs also owns and programs the Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema, a century-old landmark located in Toronto’s Annex neighbourhood and the world’s first and largest documentary cinema. While closed during the current pandemic, Hot Docs is offering audiences across Canada access to first-run documentaries and curated programming and events on its Hot Docs at Home streaming service.
Additionally, Hot Docs is the event organizer for the annual World Congress of Science and Factual Producers, a member-run conference for science and factual producers, broadcasters and content providers from around the world.
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Full-time Permanent
REPORTS TO: Manager, Membership & Engagement
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 19, 2022
The Stewardship Coordinator supports the Development Team in administrating and tracking all donor accounts, with a specific focus on the Founders Circle donor membership portfolio.
- Administrate all donor registration and payments, including payment follow up, tracking of donor engagement and ensuring timely and accurate delivery of benefits;
- Update and maintain donor and prospect records in database, including the entering of solicitation and donor information, call reports, up-to-date address and key contact information;
- Support the creation and execution of meaningful opportunities to engage donors and have significant impact on the organization’s ability to recognize and retain current opportunities and future donors;
- Maintain the Founders Circle Renewal pipeline and track all opportunities through the necessary moves management;
- Ensure the timely stewardship and reporting of all donor gifts;
- Administration and tracking of Hot Docs First Look program;
- Administration of first look participants at the annual Hot Docs Forum;
- Provide administrative support to Hot Docs President;
- Oversee the development of a strategic communications plan with value-driven messages that highlight the impact of donor investments;
- Oversee the management of all donor records and tax receipting processes in Salesforce;
- Assist in the planning of Founders Circle Festival Expeditions;
- Assist in the coordination of Board meeting and Board communications;
- Provide weekly reporting to Development Team.
- 1-3 years of direct experience in not-for-profit fundraising, festival or event fundraising, or other relevant professional experience;
- Excellent administration skills;
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management databases, ideally Salesforce;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office;
- Strong customer service background;
- Working knowledge of the Canadian film and television industry preferred;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and to respond efficiently to changing workflow needs;
- Ability to work to tight timelines and in a time-pressured schedule;
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Solid negotiating skills and ability to diplomatically work with multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent relationship-building skills;
- Exceptional time-management skills;
- Problem solving skills that allow to quickly assess situations and make effective judgement calls;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 19, 2022.
Attn: Elena Romanova, Human Resources
Re: Hiring Committee – Stewardship Coordinator
Hot Docs is a forum to share stories and perspectives on the people, issues and events that shape our world, and we encourage respectful discussion and debate to foster greater understanding and empathy.
An integral component of this is Hot Docs’ commitment to fostering an organizational culture that brings together people with different races, identities, abilities, experiences and skills. Hot Docs is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve in the stories we present and also in our workforce. We encourage applications from diverse communities and welcome applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Hot Docs encourages applications from qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the hiring manager to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com