Website Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival
Hot Docs is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing and celebrating the art of documentary and to creating production opportunities for documentary filmmakers.
Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival, North America’s largest documentary festival, conference and market, will present its 30th anniversary edition from April 27 to May 7, 2023.
Year round, Hot Docs supports the Canadian and international industry with professional development programs and a multi-million-dollar production fund portfolio, and fosters education through documentaries with its popular free program Docs For Schools.
Hot Docs also owns and programs the Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema, a century-old landmark located in Toronto’s Annex neighbourhood and the world’s first and largest documentary cinema. While closed during the current pandemic, Hot Docs is offering audiences across Canada access to first-run documentaries and curated programming and events on its Hot Docs at Home streaming service.
Additionally, Hot Docs is the event organizer for the annual World Congress of Science and Factual Producers, a member-run conference for science and factual producers, broadcasters and content providers from around the world.
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Contract
REPORTS TO: Communications Director
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: January 30– May 12, 2022 (15 weeks)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 19, 2022
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Communications Director in planning and executing outreach strategies to attract audiences to the Festival. They will be expected to work closely with Communications staff to meet all crucial deadlines in the department’s critical path.
The Outreach Coordinator is expected to:
- Identify suitable Festival films for community partner co-presentations, execute agreements and monitor and track fulfillment.
- Identify potential new audiences for Festival films, including students, ethno-cultural communities and communities of interest, and to research and contact organizations through which these audiences can be reached.
- Manage existing access programs through larger outreach partners, including those for the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- Prepare marketing copy and assets for outreach initiatives that can be used by partners, community co-presenters and others in their e-communications and social media channels.
- Work with the wider Communications team to ensure priority screenings and events are well promoted and attended.
- Non-profit arts marketing experience or recent graduate of arts administration program
- Flexibility to work outside regular office hours to meet deadlines, and during the Festival
- Organization, planning and an attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and SalesForce an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A familiarity with the documentary and/or festival industry is an asset but not a requirement
Submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Outreach Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
Attn: Jonathan Da Silva, Communications Director
Re: Outreach Coordinator Application
Hot Docs is a forum to share stories and perspectives on the people, issues and events that shape our world, and we encourage respectful discussion and debate to foster greater understanding and empathy.
An integral component of this is Hot Docs’ commitment to fostering an organizational culture that brings together people with different races, identities, abilities, experiences and skills. Hot Docs is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve in the stories we present and also in our workforce. We encourage applications from diverse communities and welcome applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Hot Docs encourages applications from qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the hiring manager to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.