FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM- MLSE LAUNCHPAD
About MLSE LaunchPad
MLSE LaunchPad is a 42,000 sq. ft. Sport For Development facility where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential. MLSE Launchpad & MLSE Foundation is situated upon traditional territories include the Wendat, Anishinaabe Nation, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississauga’s of the Credit First Nations, and the Métis Nation. MLSE LaunchPad is supported by MLSE’s professional sports teams – the Toronto Maple Leaf’s, Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC, and Toronto Argos – it is the first facility of its kind in North America. As a collaborative space promoting social change by leveraging sport, education, and research, programming is focused on four pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready for School, and Ready for Work. To learn more, visit MLSELaunchPad.org.
About the Fellowship: It is a 12-week paid internship at MLSE LaunchPad designed to foster soft skills and technical job skills. Fellows will work with a Focus Lead who will provide direction, learning goals, and coaching throughout the duration of the program. The fellow will receive a rate of $17.00/hour. Applicants can apply for one (1) the following fellowship cohort dates.
- September 26th to December 16th, 2022
- January 9th to March 31st, 2023
The ideal candidate for this position would express interest in gaining corporate office experience in the follow Focus Areas:
|1. Sport and Physical Activity Programming||5. Administrative and Member Services|
|2. Community Partnerships||6. Research, Evaluation, and Data Analysis|
|3. Community Investment and Granting||7. Communication and Digital Signage|
|4. Youth and Community Engagement||8. Fundraising and Sponsorship|
What you’ll do:
- Complete a 12-week (~30 hours/week) internship at MLSE-Launch Pad and refining skill sets within the business context
- Work closely with one of MLSE LaunchPad’s team to learn skills in a specific focus area, with the opportunity to interact with other parts of the business, and complete assigned tasks
- Work one on one with an employment counsellor at Miziewe Biik
- Contribute to the growth of MLSE LaunchPad programming, evaluation and community
What you’ll leave the Fellowship with:
- Increased work readiness and support in obtaining employment
- Greater confidence in employment abilities
- Broader understanding of MLSE Launchpad in a business context
- Meaningful employment experience in a community sport space and/or mentorship
You’re a great fit for this job if you have:
- Interpersonal and relationship building-skills and the ability to establish rapport and communicate effectively.
- The drive to support in design, implementation, and evaluation of programs within your focus area. Confidence in bringing forward exciting ideas and readiness to pitch in.
- Passion for working in a highly collaborative environment. You’re excited to collaborate with partners and participants on projects both big and small.
- The ability to work quickly and solve problems proactively.
- Confidence using tools like Microsoft Office to support your productivity.
- You are comfortable working across partners, participants, and community members of varying ages, cultural backgrounds, and lived experiences.
- Be between the ages of 15-29
- Commit to the full 12-week internship length
- Potential participant candidates must be First Nations, Inuit or Metis
- Reside within the Greater Toronto Area
- Must be registered or eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.
- Completed Miziwe Biik client registration form and register with firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply, submit the following Resume & Client Registration form (required)
Location: The Fellow will work in a hybrid format, including both remotely and in-person at MLSE LaunchPad. MLSE LaunchPad will provide the platform and the support of LaunchPad staff in completing tasks and participating in meetings.
To apply, submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Resume (Required)
- Indicate one (1) fellowship cohort date in email or creative submission o September 26th to December 16th, 2022
- January 9th to March 31st, 2023
- Creative submission: Please answer one of the following questions through your choice of expression: Video, song, poem, art, photograph, sculpture, or any form of art. Please indicate the question you have selected to answer and a short paragraph (200 words max) explaining your art piece. (Required)
- What type of change would you like to see in your community and what role do you want to have to make that change?
- If you were writing a book about your life what would the title be and why? o Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- (optional) Letter from someone in the community (E.g. Teacher, supervisor, etc)
Deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m. (EST time) on Monday August 29th 2022.
Note(s): The successful candidate(s) will be required to complete a Background Check. The cost of the check is paid by MLSE LaunchPad. MLSE LaunhcPad will provide administrative support to perform services.
MLSE LaunchPad is committed to deepening equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, and better representing the communities we serve. We encourage individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, a person of colour, as having a disability and/or as a member of the 2SLGBTQ+ communities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org