Website Canadian Olympic Committee
Be part of building a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and based in the Canadian Olympic Committee’s Toronto office, the Executive Assistant is an integral member of the Finance, IT and Risk Management team responsible for providing front line administrative support to the CFO and ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the office. The Executive Assistant will support the CFO with their day to day work and perform a variety of administrative duties. They will also be responsible for providing support to the larger Finance, IT and Risk Management teams.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St., Suite 3000. We offer a hybrid work model that allows for up to two days of remote work each week.
CORE RESPONSABILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Manage all executive level administrative tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings and conference calls, arranging domestic and international travel for the CFO and file maintenance
- Read and screen incoming mail and telephone calls
- Provide administrative support, including composing correspondence, reports and other documents
- Prepare and/or manage internal and external communications, while handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Adeptly handle incoming communications and respond to requests for information on a timely basis, from a variety of industry stakeholders
- Manage daily email inquiries by organizing, prioritizing, and forwarding to CFO as required
- Extensive calendar management, including scheduling of meetings, booking meeting facilities, ensuring access to required technology, etc.
- Assist in building meeting agendas, organize supporting documentation and act as recording administrator as required
- Organize various Committee meetings, including scheduling, logistics, preparation and distribution of materials, and other duties. This will include direct conversations with Committee and Board members. Assist in preparation of Board of Director materials
- Manage the CFO budget, including expense account documentation and filings with accounting
- Lead administrative and coordinate operational support for the Enterprise Risk Management initiative
- Provide relief support to reception area and assist other administrative assistants, as needed
- Liaise with and support the Finance, IT and Risk Management teams as required. Specifically, provide full administrative support to the Finance, IT and Risk Management Leads
- Special projects as may be assigned
- Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University degree or college diploma or equivalent (in a field related to office administration or finance an asset)
- 5+ years of previous experience in a similar role
- Skills and Abilities
- High level of personal integrity and presents a highly professional image at all times – both internally and externally
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven organization and time management skills and the ability to respond to varied and often tight deadlines and effectively balance competing stakeholders and agendas
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with colleagues, partners and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency; work with other staff and stakeholders, as required, to exude a “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Proven ability to communicate with Board and Committee members and to organize and manage Committee and Board meetings and materials
- Resourceful with the ability to find efficient and innovative ways to overcome challenges
- Proven critical thinking skills combined with common sense
- Adaptable and flexible; eager to learn and share opinions
- Effective team player, but also comfortable working independently
- Proficient with computer software applications in a Windows environment (advanced PowerPoint skills an asset). Strong acumen in Diligence an asset
- Knowledge of financial concepts is an asset
- Enthusiasm for amateur sport and a healthy sense of humour
- Bilingualism is an asset (English/French)
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability,
- Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience and benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by August 17, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. At the COC, we celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees and believe that having a team of individuals with different backgrounds, views, experience and capability working together makes us stronger and better as an organization.
As a condition of employment, and in order to ensure the health and safety of the Canadian Olympic Committee’s employees, a successful applicant will be expected and agrees to confirm and provide proof of vaccination from COVID-19. This condition of employment is subject to any accommodation requirements as may be required by human rights legislation, including for religious needs, disability or any other protected ground under human rights legislation.
Accommodation is also available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit olympic.ca.