Native Canadian Centre of Toronto
JOB POSTING SECURITY GUARD TRAINEE
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto is dedicated to helping all of our relations on their journey
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto (NCCT) is a non-profit, charitable organization located in the heart of downtown Toronto. The NCCT offers a wide range of Indigenous programs and community support services based on Indigenous cultural traditions and teachings.
Job Title: Security Guard Trainee
Employment Term & Work Hours:
Term: Contract until March 31, 2023
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with flexibility for weekend work when programs operate
Department: Building Operations
Direct Report: Building Operations Manager
To assist in keeping Native Canadian Centre Toronto safe for all staff and visitors
Duties and Responsibilities: Security Guard Trainee reports to and takes direction from the Building Operations Manager. Duties include:
- Greets employees and visitors
- Checking visitors in and out
- Monitoring video surveillance for any unusual activity in locations inside and out of office Performing routine inspections of specific areas
- Preventing criminal activity or detaining suspects who they find stealing, damaging property or performing other acts of crime
- Reporting and recording incidents and interactions with local police if required
- Commitment to learn and use an Indigenous language reflective of NCCT community
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Excellent judgement, communication, negotiation and observation skills
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and Vulnerable Screening check Knowledge and experience with the Toronto Indigenous community
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when necessary
Working Conditions: Ability to work in all weather conditions to perform walkabout of outside sections of f building
Physical requirements: Person must the ability to walk up and down 3 flights of stairs multiple times during the day as well as walking the perimeter of the building.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Potential candidates must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training or eligible to register. Must be First Nations, Inuit or Metis and reside within the GTA.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute positively to the implementation of the NCCT’s vision and mission, operate in a collaborative team setting and maintain high and professional productivity levels and quality of service.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this position interests you, please submit your resume and a cover letter to:
Robert Lebel Human Resources Manager email@example.com Deadline: until filled
NCCT – Building Operations – Security Guard Trainee
The Native Canadian Centre of Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org the accommodation measures required. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.