Personal support worker program
Miziwe Biik and Medix College is offering seats into a 32-week Personal Support Worker (PSW) program. The (PSW) Program is to provide students with satisfactory skills and competency in a variety of clinical and interactive areas needed for employment in the health care field. In order to graduate from the PSW program, students must successfully pass the National Association of Career Colleges Board Exam.
Requirements for entry
Participants need to identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) and must be currently residing within the Greater Toronto Area.
*Requirement to go onto placement (2 work placements are in the program) is full vaccination.
Upcoming session dates:
- October 4, 2021 – May 20, 2022
- November 29, 2021 – July 15, 2022
- Successful completion of entrance evaluation
- English Proficiency
- Medix Medical Check Form (completed within 30 days of program start date)
- Gr.12 OSSD or Mature Student Status
- Admissions Interview
- Criminal Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector Screening (Clear or have pardon prior to starting class)
Personal Support Worker certificate