Intro to Home Renovation
Deadline to apply
- August 26, 2022
Our Intro to Home Renovation Program was designed to meet the current need for skilled trades workers in Ontario’s booming construction industry. Students will learn the basics of Framing, Drywall, Taping, Footings, Vapor Barrier, Insulation, rough-in Electrical, rough-in Plumbing, and all relevant general construction work.
Trainees will be taught how to use the tools and apply the proper techniques required to be successful in a variety of general construction-related jobs. Graduates of this program will leave with all the relevant safety certifications, and receive the fundamental practical hands-on training in a simulated on-the-job setting.
This program is followed by an 8 week paid placement.
- Mon-Fri | Beginning September 26, 2022 | 8:30am-3:00pm
12 weeks, followed by 8 week paid placement
Two different locations:
- 1448 Lawrence Ave E North York ON M4A 2V6
- 290 Vaughan Valley Blvd. Vaughan, ON L4H 3C3
Requirements for entry to the program
- Participants need to identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) and must be currently residing within the Greater Toronto Area.
- Attendees will need to fill out a new Miziwe Biik registration form and Employment Ontario form which can be downloaded on our Forms page.
- Students must show proof of vaccination. If you are not fully vaccinated (2 doses) then you will have to have weekly antigen testing of which the school will supply. (These vaccination requirements could be subject to change.)
- Must attend Mental Health First Aid workshop 5 weeks prior
- Trades math required (offered through Miziwe Biik – contact email@example.com for details)
About the Skilled Trades College of Canada
Course run through the Skilled Trades College of Canada