Essential Skills Program (Office Administration)
- Do you like working with others?
- Are you interested in working in an administrative setting?
- Would you like to update your skills or learn new skills?
- Do you have a passion to serve and work with your community?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, come learn more about the Essential Skills program at one of the following info sessions:
Information session dates
- Monday, March 28, 2pm (via Zoom)
- Monday, April 4, 2pm (via Zoom)
Email Nicole Hare at Nicole@miziwebiik.com to register for information sessions and get more details.
Essential Skills Program (Office Administration) Details
9-week paid training program with a potential job placement within the Toronto Indigenous Community.
- Program start date: Monday, May 2, 2022
- Application deadline: Friday, April 8, 2022
Areas of Focus:
- Computer training
- Life/ Soft Skills
- Cultural Competency training
- Communication skills
- Essential skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Must be Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis)
- Previous customer service and administrative experience preferred or willingness to learn and be trained
- Reside within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (2 doses) prior to the start of the program
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and tact at all times
- Must be available for full duration of program
Training and information sessions will be offered virtually using Zoom. Candidates will require a laptop with a camera, microphone, and a stable internet connection.