Miziwe Biik offers annual bursaries to students currently enrolled in a post-secondary or apprenticeship program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply to the bursary?
In order to apply to the bursary program, you must be a current post-secondary student, or submit proof of enrollment from a college or university.
In order to qualify for a bursary as an apprentice, you must be a registered with the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities (MTCU) as an apprentice in the Greater Toronto Area.
How do I submit my completed package?
- Please download and complete:
- the Miziwe Biik registration form
- an Employment Ontario registration form
- and the Bursary application form.
- Attach all required documentation to your application, including:
- A letter of introduction
- Proof of Indigenous Ancestry
- Student ID card (photo)
- Program of Study introduction
- Timetable or proof of enrollment
- Completed packages are to be emailed to Denise Kimewon (Denisek@miziwebiik.com).
Our deadline has been extended! Send in your applications electronically (by email) by February 22, 2021 at noon (12 PM). Last day to hand them in (at the office) is Friday, February 19, 2021 between 10-2.
What is acceptable as proof of Indigenous ancestry?
Indigenous ancestry (Status, Non-Status, Inuit, or Métis)
- Status – Copy of Status Card
- Métis – Copy of Membership Card
- Inuit – Copy of Beneficiary Card
- Non-Status – Non-Status Assessment
What is a letter of introduction?
Your letter of introduction should be one page in length and include the following information:
- Tell us about yourself
- Tell us why you are passionate about your field of study
- Tell us about your goals regarding your future career and employment
- Tell us if you participate in a Native Community – where you are originally from or here in Toronto
- Tell us anything else that will show your dedication to your field of study and future endeavors
Do I need any special software to fill out the forms?
It’s recommended that clients download and use Adobe Acrobat on their computer, laptop, or mobile device when filling out all the forms found within the application package. Read our online support guide for more information (How To: Filling out Miziwe Biik’s Client Registration Form – Miziwe Biik).
A gallery of previous bursary recipients.