March 16, 2020 | Updated: April 27, 2020
Following the advice of Public Health authorities, Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training will be providing online services to clients instead of in-person until further notice. We are doing this in order to minimize the spread of COVID-19 to the community.
Impact on Services
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our services, general inquiries, booking an appointment with an employment specialist, or to navigate our services and who to connect with.
- Connecting with your employment specialist (counsellor) by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email email@example.com to connect with projects for cheques (start-up, transportation).
- Information about claim forms, sponsor cheque pick-ups, projects, or ISET funding by emailing Denise.firstname.lastname@example.org, Christy@miziwebiik.com, or Ashley@miziwebiik.com.
- Email email@example.com for support with trades programs.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support with GED program or accessing GED classes online.
- Email email@example.com for booking a workshop (First Aid/ CPR, Food Handlers, etc).
Please check our website, social media accounts, or with Reception (firstname.lastname@example.org) to stay up-to-date when our office will be back to normal hours.
If you are picking up a cheque (transportation supports, start-ups, etc.) read below.
Anyone picking up an individual cheque will need to connect with Valerie by email at email@example.com. Currently cheque pick-ups are operating every Friday from 10-12. Check our homepage to confirm dates.
Projects and Sponsor Agencies
Sponsor agencies are asked to submit their final claims to Projects by April 9, 2020 at 12 PM. Cheques will be made available on Friday, May 1, 2020 between 10-12.
Unemployed because of COIVID-19? Learn how to navigate EI benefits.