Contract Position: 1 year for Maternity Leave
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 3 PM.
Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training is a non-profit organization, established as G.T.A.M.B. in 1991. Our main objective is to provide employment and training services to the Aboriginal community in the Greater Toronto Area.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for people visiting the agency in person or via telephone/email. You will provide administrative support to job seekers in the Employment Resource Centre (ERC) and ERC staff.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls, referring callers to appropriate staff members or taking messages
- Greet the public, determine, and address their needs as appropriate by providing information, referring them to appropriate staff members within the organization, or to another agency
- Observing client activities in the ERC
- Schedule daily client appointments, including pre-screening for services
- Coordinate incoming/ outgoing mail, courier, and fax
- Maintain the job board area and ensure that job postings are up-to-date
- Maintain public notice monitor in ERC using PowerPoint
- Assist in compiling statistics for monthly reports as requested
- Prepare and type correspondence, reports, and forms on a timely basis
- Provide general administrative support to a team of five frontline workers in the ERC
- General housekeeping duties in ERC as required
- Provide clerical support and technical troubleshooting to clients using the ERC
- High School Diploma and/ or minimum of two years working experience in a similar role
- Intermediate Skills — Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain a professional and friendly attitude, and represent the company in a professional manner
- Sensitivity and compassion when working with vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of the support services and agencies in the Greater Toronto Area
- Able to troubleshoot issues with office equipment including software issues
- Must be approachable with a friendly disposition and able to work with a variety of personalities
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to take direction and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously in busy, stressful environments
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Customer service
- Service focused
First Nation, Metis, and Inuit applications are encouraged to apply and are asked to self-identify on their cover letter.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email in MS Word format to Human Resources: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
*** Closing date: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at 3:00 PM ***
If you are invited for an interview and require access accommodation, please let us know in advance so that we can make adequate arrangements.
Download the PDF here.