LOOKING FOR WORK
Helping Ontarians Find Work
The goal of Employment Ontario Employment Service is to help Ontarians find sustainable employment. It bridges the gap between employers seeking workplace skills and human resources to meet their business needs and individuals seeking employment.
Employment Service can offer you resources, supports and services to respond to career and employment needs of individuals as well as your office or service needs and it can help these individuals on a path to higher skill training and employment.
If you’re seeking the skills and human resources that you need to achieve your business goals, then you may be eligible to receive financial incentives to offset the cost of providing work experience opportunities, including apprenticeship training, skill level assessments for participants and wage subsidy.
We want to help you get the training, skills and experience to help you achieve your goals. We also want to connect people looking for work with employers looking for workers.
Some of the services offered at Miziwe Biik include:
Employment Resource Centre:
• Ten computer workstations with access to Internet, Microsoft Office 2010 software. Also available are Local newspapers, Aboriginal newspapers and a community job and information board.
• Access to photocopier, local telephone and fax service, information about specialized training providers in Toronto.
• Miziwe Biik also offers individual and group sessions for all its job-ready clients on resume and cover letters, and Internet job search. Speak to our employment staff to discover what program is best for you.
Temporary Government Placements:
Past placements include Indian And Northern Affairs Canada, Public Works and Government Services, Customs Canada and Revenue Agency (form. Revenue Canada).
• Inquire with your employment counsellor on any upcoming opportunities with the Federal government
• Job search/resume/interviews aids and hints
• Monthly workshop calendars
• Links to job posting sites
> For additional information on Employment Ontario services visit their website or call 1-800-387-5656. If you are a newcomer to Canada and live in Ontario, Ontario Immigration can help guide you in getting a job.