INTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - Career Opportunities at Miziwe Biik
Job Coach - UNTIL FILLED
Job Coach-Skills Trades (8 Month Contract)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training is seeking a Job Coach to assist with the Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Program. First Nation, Métis and Inuit applicants are encouraged to apply and asked to please self-identify on their cover letter.
In this role, you will provide assistance, counselling and information regarding all aspects of employment search, career planning, training and education to multiple barrier clients in the Aboriginal community.
• Act as a liaison with student’s academic staff and training provides on a daily basis;
• Provides support and direction to each participant with regards to accessing financial supports
• Provide referrals to other support programs including addictions, housing, child-care etc.
• Working with employers to design work placements
• Work with training providers and employers to build cross-cultural understanding; mediation of job-related conflicts
• Work with participants to secure apprenticeship opportunities
• Assist with the MTCU Apprenticeship registration process for current or former program participants
• Liaise with MTCU around the process of registering apprentices preparing and maintaining tracking reports
• Coordinating special events
• Attends related committee meetings and takes notes as required.
• Diploma from community college or recognized training institution in office management or office administration and/or related experience as an intermediate administrative assistant
• Knowledge of the skilled trades sector
• Knowledge of barriers facing urban aboriginal youth and adults in employment
• Knowledge of Indigenous culture, values and traditions
• Ability to work within and contribute to a team environment; Intermediate skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Able to develop databases, spreadsheets and presentations as required.
• Excellent business writing; Professional and Enthusiastic dealing with employers, training providers and program participants
• Resourceful regarding Problem Solving; Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
• Detail Oriented; Strong initiative; Reliable and Dependable; Vehicle and or a driver’s license an asset.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and the names of three work-related references, submitted to:
Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment & Training
167 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, ON M5A-2E4
Fax: (416) 591-3602 Email: email@example.com
Deadline date for applications is: Until Filled
We thank everyone for applying. Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Telephone Calls Please.