Accessibility at Miziwe Biik: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Miziwe Biik strives to provide an accessible experience for our clients, employees, job applicants, community partners, visitors, and others who use our services, enter our premises, or access our information.
- Consistent with the goal of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), we have developed policies and processes to meet the required standards, including customer service, information and communications, and employment.
- Service for Persons with 12 Types of Disabilities is a resource developed for employee training, including how to interact with persons with a disability who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person.
- Miziwe Biik welcomes and appreciates feedback about the way we provide customer service to people with disabilities. Feedback can be provided in the following ways:
- In person at 167 Gerrard Street East
- By telephone at 416-591-2310
- Electronically to email@example.com
- Where possible we will respond to complaints within two weeks of the date that the complaint is received. Should we require longer to effectively address the complaint, the customer will receive an acknowledgement that the complaint has been received within two weeks and we will respond as soon as practicable.
- Miziwe Biik also makes information about our services and facilities publicly available and accessible as needed, including emergency procedures and safety information.
- Miziwe Biik ensures recruitment of new employees with disabilities is accessible by advising applicants of potential accommodation at three stages: on job postings, during interviews and in the employment contract.
- Accessible workplace information is provided when an employee with a disability asks for it, including information that is job-related and general information available to all employees.
- The accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are also considered in preparation of individualized plans to help during workplace emergencies, performance management, career development and possible redeployment processes.
- Miziwe Biik has accommodation procedures to support any employee who might require specific arrangements during their career with us.
If you need further information, please contact the Manager, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.