Job Posting: Manager, Employment Services
Position Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: March 6, 2020 at 4:00 PM
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources at email@example.com.
First Nation, Métis and Inuit applicants are encouraged to apply and asked to please self-identify on their cover letter.
The Manager, Employment Service Department is accountable for the implementation of the Employment Ontario (EO) programs and services, including planning, delivery, and evaluation of department services in order for Miziwe Biik to achieve its mission of providing training and employment services to the Aboriginal peoples in the Greater Toronto Area so that they in turn attain a better quality of life.
- Supervise planning, monitoring and evaluation of all Employment Ontario services in the department
- Manage budgets and outcomes for all Employment Ontario Programs
- Oversee the development of curriculum and assist in the facilitation of the Aboriginal Pre-employment Development Program, according to the Service Agreement set out by Toronto Employment and Social Services (TESS)
- Manage monthly team meetings with all department staff, facilitate communication of information and focus on achievement of outcomes
- Advocate for clients in securing supportive resources required to enable them to attend the program, e.g., referral and advocacy for child care subsidies/services, housing, social assistance, health care services, transportation, etc.
- Oversee the Employment Services Department operations, including conflict resolution w clients and/or staff
- Represent Miziwe Biik on various committees including Employment Ontario Central Region, City of Toronto AES Working Group and others as assigned
- Liaise with Local Delivery Mechanisms (band offices) nationally in regards to funding requests, client follow-ups etc.
- Provide daily supervision of Employment Services Department staff, including recruitment, selection, hiring and termination of staff
- Contribute to team development within the Employment Services Department and conduct regular team meetings
- He/she represents the organization externally, networks and liaises within the community and with funders for the purpose of establishing and enhancing positive partnerships.
- Post-secondary education in related field such as human resources, employment and training, or at least four years of equivalent related experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory, managerial experience or program administration, with at least 2 years’ service in senior level position
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to objectives consistent with the organization’s core values
- Understanding of Government Reporting Practices, Employment Ontario, TESS/Ontario Works
- Understanding of Provincial Service Agreements
- Understanding of Toronto Employment and Social Services Programs – OW/Ontario Disability Support Program
- Experience developing and delivering Job Readiness workshops, including curriculum and materials development
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with the Aboriginal community in the GTA, including the Aboriginal agency network
- Working knowledge of employment and training needs and aspirations of the GTA Aboriginal community
- Working knowledge of support services for clients, e.g., childcare, housing resources, etc.
- Demonstrated ability with computer and internet technologies
- Knowledge of current trends in the Canadian labour market
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, project management, organizational & time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team building skills
First Nation, Métis and Inuit applicants are encouraged to apply and asked to please self-identify on their cover letter. Please submit your cover letter and resume via email in MS Word format to: Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
** March 6, 2020 at 4:00 pm **
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. If you are invited for an interview and require access accommodation, please let us know in advance so that we can make adequate arrangements.
Download the Job Description.