Job Posting: Administrative Assistant, Academic Upgrading department
Position Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training is a non-profit organization, established as G.T.A.M.B. in 1991, our main objective is to provide employment and training services to the Aboriginal community in the Greater Toronto area.
The Upgrading Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations to the Academic Upgrading Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record outgoing/incoming mail
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
- Facilitate workshops; registration of clients, tracking of progress, confirmation of clients and the handling of needed supplies for client success
- Responsible for daily data entry of client registration information forms into database
- Assist in all aspects of supporting the Academic Upgrading programs and events.
- Assist in processing monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including all statistical information for reports
- Assist clients when necessary in computer assistance including internet, printer, software applications
- Other duties as necessary
- Previous administrative assistant experience
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize administrative responsibilities
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and set priorities
- Prioritize and complete multiple task effectively
- Punctual, reliability and dependability
- Detail Oriented
- Team Play
- Punctuality and reliability
First Nation, Métis and Inuit applicants are encouraged to apply and asked to please self-identify on their cover letter.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email in MS Word format to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by ** Friday, January 31, 2020 at 12 noon**
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. If you are invited for an interview and require access accommodation, please let us know in advance so that we can make adequate arrangements.