Contract Position to March 31, 2020.
CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2019
The Project Officer Assistant is responsible for administrative support of the Projects Team through communication between team members, updating/maintaining client files, coordinating all contractual agreements and ensuring financial obligations are fulfilled in order for Miziwe Biik to achieve its mission of providing training and employment services to the Aboriginal peoples in the Greater Toronto Area so that they can attain a better quality of life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain client and project training files ensuring that all reports and appropriate documentation is present and as directed by the Project Officers;
- Ensure statistical data is well maintained and accurate;
- Follow up with participants upon completion of training;
- Conduct contract signing with clients;
- Provide administrative support to the Projects department;
- Work as a team member within all departments of Miziwe Biik;
- Maintain confidentiality of projects and participants, and of internal organization business;
- Other duties as may be assigned;
- Post-secondary education or a minimum of two years of work experience in a similar field;
- Ability to use MS Office Suite;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and effectively complete work tasks;
- Demonstrated competence in working with figures;
- Ability to work independently as well as within and contribute to a team environment;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge of employment and training programs an asset;
- Knowledge of and experience working with the Toronto Aboriginal community;
- Client service orientation
- Detail oriented
- Technology aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent attendance & punctuality
First Nation, Metis and applicants are encouraged to apply and asked to please self-identify on their cover letter. Please submit your cover letter, resume, along with three references to:
Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Closing Date: May 22, 2019**
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
If you are invited for an interview and require access accommodation, please let us know in advance so that we can make adequate arrangements.